Workshop Leader Experience
2014-present CIS school accreditation team member
2003-present IBPYP Workshop Leader and School Visitor, IBO
"Angela has a natural and highly effective trainer’s style. She is personable, warm, and simultaneously clearly a leader." - Alix MacNiel IBPYP Co-leader. International-mindedness in the PYP
"Thank you for the extremely informative, eye-opening and engaging workshop. I am motivated to make a change at my own school because of the excellent resources and opportunities for sharing that you presented".- participant. The Role of Language in the PYP workshop
"Thank you for your well planned and always very well presented PYP intro workshop for the new teachers. I am always so impressed with your slick presentation style. It's a pleasure to watch you in action".
- Paula Baxter. Junior school principal. Munich International School
"Angela's overall enthusiasm and passion for life long learning was infectious and I, as a workshop co-leader learnt a lot from her"
- Motun Ige IBPYP Co-leader. Teaching and Learning in the PYP
Additional Professional Responsibilities
- Senior advisory committee for $70M building project: Personalizing Learning with Architects Fielding & Nair.
- Oversee the introduction of personalized data collection system using Evidence for Learning app.
- Designed and implemented whole school curriculum review cycle to foster K-12 curriculum links
- Established robust schoolwide assessment practices to improve standards, consistency and personalization
- Established data driven decision making standards throughout Primary school.
- Redesigned Language support team for LS and EAL students targeting skills based programme in 8 week cycles
- Organizer whole school Mosaic of Cultures Day
- Chair, whole school discussion group on intercultural awareness.
- Designed and implemented inservice sessions across the whole year focusing on effective feedback.
- Designed and organized whole school intercultural awareness inservice
- Member of cross school IT groups; evaluating and streamlining the use of course management tools; evaluating learning tools
- Member of the teacher action research team on inquiry techniques
- Presenter AGIS conference: Portfolios and Creating School Culture
- Presenter IB heads and coordinator conference: New teacher induction
- Presenter Early Childhood in German schools symposium (in German)
- Co-organizer: AGIS Learning Support Symposium
- Presenter: No blame approach to bullying in schools
- Presenter AGIS Conference: Learning Support Organisation at MIS
- Presenter ECIS languages summit, Leysin Switzerland: Teaching ESL within the PYP
- October 2004, Istanbul
- October 2006, Athens
- October 2008, Marrakech (Presenter)
- October 2010, Liverpool